ICCP systems are affected by these trends. Many factors must be taken into consideration when they’re designed. Otherwise, they just won’t meet the standards—or deliver optimum performance.
Nowadays, simulation software is often used. Software that can check, monitor, and optimize the designs of cathodic protection systems. ICCP systems, sacrificial anodes, or combinations. This advanced software technology has given us reliable and extended insight into cathodic protection levels.
As market innovators, we’ve taken things to a new level. Combining our expertise with that of Elsyca NV, together we’ve come up with a cutting-edge solution. Real Time ICCP Simulation-Based Monitoring.
This Real Time ICCP Simulation-Based Monitoring application interprets and transfers the continuous flow of data
from the ICCP system into a real time simulation model. This real time ICCP model provides the user with a powerful monitoring tool. Every detail of the steel structure (wind turbines, rigs, pipelines, etc.) can be checked directly for appropriate cathodic protection. This can never be achieved with an ICCP system without this flexible monitoring tool. Data from this real time model can easily be interpreted remotely and used to fine tune the ICCP system, whenever and wherever necessary.
Advantages of Simulation Based Monitoring
- Remote monitoring
- Remote adjustment
- Optimization of system settings with virtual system reference electrodes
- Complete history log of the system data
- Access to key corrosion parameters in remote areas
- Assessment of the corrosion influence during transportation and maintenance phases
- Prediction of service life evolution of the overall structure
- Real-time view and controlled adaptation of the signature envelope (Navy applications)